Organizations funded by the Preschool Development Grant and others that work with early childhood services need parents partners who want to impact statewide and local changes that will create greater access to quality care and education. If you are interested in collaborating, you can find opportunities below to act as a parent leader or to work with peers.
Nebraska Children and Families Foundation
- Parent Advisor--Parents of children 8 years or younger are invited to work with the development of Family Engagement programs. You can join at any time.
Contact: Mariana Munoz de Schell (402-417-0218)
Nebraska Early Childhood Collaboration
- Parent Ambassador--Parents or in-home childcare providers of children 8 years or younger who are interested in early-childhood related advocacy can join a year-long program that supports and develops parent leaders of Nebraska early learners to advocate for their children, themselves, and their communities.
Contact: Ilissa Fern (402-965-1065)
Family Child Care Network Advisory Council--Aid, advise, and collaborate with NECC staff on the continuous development of the Family Child Care Network (FCCN) programs and services. Must currently be doing in-home childcare.
Contact: Brandee Lengel (531-499-9344)
First Five Nebraska
- Policy Leadership Academy--Non-partisan leadership development program focused on empowering citizen-advocates to contribute information
- insight so the policymaking process at all levels of government will benefit young children and create social, educational and economic opportunity for all Nebraskans.
Contact: Jodi-Renee Giron (402-261-9671 ext. 113)
- Parent Leadership--For parents of children with disability or health care needs. Offer several workshops per year around leadership, including a 10-hour training.
Contact: Connie Shockley (402-346-0525 ext 2)
Nebraska Department of Education
- Nebraska Café--Amplifies family engagement in schools across the state, further empowers families as change-makers in schools, and provides a platform for families to communicate, network, be heard, and learn from others across the state.
- Early Childhood Interagency Coordinating Council (ECICC)--The Early Childhood Interagency Coordinating Council was established by Nebraska Revised Statutes (Neb.Rev.Stat.) 43-3401 to 43-3403 to advise and assist collaborating agencies in carrying out the provisions of state and federal statutes pertaining to early childhood care and education initiatives under state supervision. For parents of children with disabilities aged 12 or younger, with knowledge of, or experience with, programs for infants and toddlers with disabilities, Parents of children who require early intervention services, early childhood special education, and other early childhood care and education services.
Contact: Stephanie Knust (531-207-9832)
Peer Group Opportunities
- Family Peer Support, Family Navigators, Child and Family Services, Transitional Youth Advocate Program, Family Peer Support Response, Parent Peer Support Program--Zoom meetings focused in Central Nebraska. All families are welcome to attend.
Contact: Karla Bennetts (308-991-6099 )
Parent to Parent Network
- Parent to Parent Network-- non-profit organization created by and for families that reside in Northeast Nebraska and who are raising, or are primary caregivers for, children with behavioral/emotional challenges including social, emotional, mental, substance abuse, and gambling.
Contact: Scott Lambrecht (402-379-2268)
Family Inspiring Families
- Family Inspiring Families--Offers WRAP Groups, Circle of Security Facilitation, Youth Crisis Response, Parenting Education, Family Peer Support, Parent Workshops with Childcare, Newsletter, Resource Navigation, Nebraska Family Helpline
Contact: Sandy Thompson
Nebraska Family Support Network
- Peer to peer mentoring, Family Navigatro Program, Family Peer Support, Journey to Success - Youth leadership and life skills workshops--Programs for Region 6 - Omaha and surrounding areas.
Contact: Eve Bleyhl (402-345-0791)