Developed and sustained by the University of Nebraska Center for Research on Children, Youth, Families and Schools, Getting Ready is designed to increase school readiness for children ages 5 and younger who receive home visitation or are part of center-based early childhood programs. The program focuses on building, strengthening, and sustaining relationships by using 8 evidence-based strategies for developing stronger partnerships with parents and by building a collaborative contact structure that facilitates meetings with families.
The Getting Ready Approach
- Facilitates children’s learning and development.
- Supports dynamic parent-child relationships.
- Promotes strong educator-parent partnerships.
Getting Ready Impacts
- Improved social and emotional interactions and stronger early language and literacy skills in children.
- Stronger, more constructive, and more collaborative family educator bonds that help strengthen children's learning capacity.
- Improved parental skills that support child autonomy and learning.
Contact: Lisa Knoche