The Nebraska Early Childhood Strategic Plan is a dynamic plan by and for all Nebraskans that seeks to ensure that each child has equitable access to quality early childhood education. In 2020, the strategic plan was developed through a collaborative statewide process that builds on Nebraska’s strengths. It was based on findings from a statewide needs assessment and directly informed by input from families, early childhood providers, and other stakeholders representing communities across Nebraska.
Strategic Plan Vision and Goals
The overarching vision of the Nebraska Early Childhood Strategic Plan is to provide all Nebraska children and their families with access to quality early childhood care and education and other essential services that support children’s healthy development from birth through age 8.
The plan defines four interrelated goals, each with corresponding objectives. These goals are intended to create a more integrated early childhood system—and work on any one of the goals will impact and inform the other goals.
- Access Goal—Each child and their family can access the quality early childhood care, education, and essential services they need to support each child’s healthy development.
- Quality Goal—All early care and education settings provide quality experiences for children.
- Collaboration Goal—Communities coordinate a locally designed mixed-delivery system that provides continuous care and meets the needs of families.
- Alignment Goal—Statewide systems align to support communities in creating an integrated and comprehensive mixed-delivery system for all children.
Read the Plan Summary
Listening to Early Childhood Collaborators Across Nebraska
In 2022, Nebraskans are invited to participate in discussions that will further develop the Nebraska Early Childhood Strategic Plan, with a focus on identifying strategies and action plans for accomplishing its goals. Stakeholders will be invited to participate in conversations to ensure the plan addresses the priorities and needs of Nebraskans in diverse communities across the state.
These conversations will include questions like:
- What would help families in our community access the early childhood services that will build their wellbeing?
- What would help families in our community find quality early care and education?
- What opportunities exist for collaboration at local and regional levels to improve access to quality early childhood care and education?
- What changes are needed in statewide early childhood systems, policies, and programs to support improved access to quality care in our community?
Interested in joining the conversation? Click below to view a calendar of upcoming engagement events for the strategic plan and other PDG projects.
Interested in helping us reach more people across Nebraska? If you’d like to see the strategic plan presented at one of your meetings or conferences, or if you’re excited to give people in your community the opportunity to provide feedback to improve the strategic plan, click below to let us know how we can help you reach more people in your community.
Interested in learning more about the Nebraska Early Childhood Strategic Plan? Click below to find more detailed information about the plan, including links to the strategic planning webinar, the executive summary of the Nebraska Early Childhood Strategic Plan, and other resources.